Contribute
Register

Cannot boot into Windows after Opencore OSX migration

I would try deleting the EFI in the Windows drive, you already an EFI on your macOS drive, not sure why you need two, that can cause all sorts of conflicts.

OpenCore will boot Windows and macOS from one EFI, which I put on my macOS drive. When the OC boot picker loads you should see a macOS drive and a Windows drive, and you select which to load. You won't see an OC option in BIOS just make you boot in UEFI mode which you can choose from BIOS.
I do have UEFI boot enabled (only UEFI).. Everything in the bios is set as described from Dortania guide, so UEFI boot, disable secure boot, etc, etc.. and the two boot drive options in OC are what I see.. just Windows crashes if MacOS drive is present.
I'm going to delete the 'Apple' folder from Windows drive, maybe its interfering with something.

Well deleting the "Apple" folder from the Windows EFI partition didn't make it boot - but it showed one more line on the sad Windows screen - said it is having an ACPI Bios Error.
So maybe there is something in the config.plist I need to add?

Hello,
In config.plist check the setting :

View attachment 572783
First off, what editor are you using? (I am just text editing, so a little hard to follow)
I apparently do not have anything under the BlessedOverride>Boot branch.
Screen Shot 2023-10-10 at 7.15.41 AM.png

Why is EFI folder showing 2021 ?
Have you got OpenCore 0.9.5 package ?
That image is from the Windows drive, which was installed back then. (Separate drive)
I do have OC 9.5 on my MacOS drive yes.

First off, what editor are you using? (I am just text editing, so a little hard to follow)
I apparently do not have anything under the BlessedOverride>Boot branch.
View attachment 572786
don't use TextEdit to edit your config.plist
you can really mess it up

use PlistEditPro or xcode to edit

I would try deleting the EFI in the Windows drive, you already an EFI on your macOS drive, not sure why you need two, that can cause all sorts of conflicts.
The Windows drive is GUID partitioned, I think it has to have an EFI folder/partition?

don't use TextEdit to edit your config.plist
you can really mess it up

use PlistEditPro or xcode to edit
Ok, thats kind of neat app (PlistEditPro) but looks harder to edit in that text..
I do not even have any "Launcher" entries in that section:
Screen Shot 2023-10-10 at 7.25.36 AM.png

**assuming it is even going to address the issue at hand.

I use ProperTree editor :

May be your config.plist is coming from long ago ...
It was a predone build .plist, but I used all the tools from the guide to update it with my own generated DDST etc, then cleaned out anything that wasn't relevant to my system - though it was from another system with the exact hardware I have. I'm obviously not an expert at this OC, but the MacOS install is working flawlessly. Only having an issue with Windows booting from its drive.

If you use OC 0.9.5 then the LauncherOption should be there by default !

Try to ocvalidate your config.plist.
Can I do that while I'm booted in MacOS?

Back