Contribute
Register

Cannot boot into Windows after Opencore OSX migration

Ok, thats kind of neat app (PlistEditPro) but looks harder to edit in that text..
I do not even have any "Launcher" entries in that section:
View attachment 572787
**assuming it is even going to address the issue at hand.
you can also look at the bottom window to also edit entries etc

wow... through all the updating (from windows - linux) I might have transposed the Opencore.efi from some other folder on my drives.

If you use OC 0.9.5 then the LauncherOption should be there by default !

Try to ocvalidate your config.plist.
The Opencore.efi on my MacOS drive says it was originally created in 2020, so.... not 9.5!

Can I just drop that file in my EFI folder, replacing the older one, or should I drop the whole folder and generate all new .aml etc... /sigh I was so tired by that point, heh.

The Opencore.efi on my MacOS drive says it was originally created in 2020, so.... not 9.5!

Can I just drop that file in my EFI folder, replacing the older one, or should I drop the whole folder and generate all new .aml etc... /sigh I was so tired by that point, heh.
The easiest way is HackinDROM, it will update everything for you.

OK... that was a big NO.
Neither replacing the entire EFI folder or piecemeal worked, could not boot past OC Menu.
So I guess I will have to start over from scratch and make an entire new EFI folder, and use the correct version of OC this time.

Not something I wish to do atm though, so disabling my Mac drive in order to boot into Windows will have to suffice for the immediate future.

The easiest way is HackinDROM, it will update everything for you.

Apparently I mixed up the OC folders during all the apps, configuration, etc and I am running OC 6.4 - which I guess the latest version of HackinDROM doesn't like. When I run the program I get the little icon in the menu bar but it is dark and does nothing when I click on it. The github post doesn't mention what versions support what OC - except for 2.1.0 for OC 6.6 and above. Will try others.

Mount the EFI in HackinDROM and right click, the option ‘update’ will appear, click it.

Mount the EFI in HackinDROM and right click, the option ‘update’ will appear, click it.
It doesn't run - I get the icon - and the icon does nothing. Tried the latest version (2.1.8) all the way back to (2.0.4) it just sits up there in the menu bar mocking me when I click on it...

Attach here your WORKING/ORIGINAL/OLD EFI folder ( zip it before ).
I'll try to see what could be wrong.
Meantime you can start a fresh building.
Personals redacted:

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 29
Back