Contribute
Register

HP Pavilion 15 N012TX Hackintosh Compatible or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried it -however unfortunately rollback to Inside v66 using any method is failing on this laptop. so I guess I am stuck ..asked HP , however they have not responded.

Try fresh install.

Tried it -however unfortunately rollback to Inside v66 using any method is failing on this laptop. so I guess I am stuck ..asked HP , however they have not responded.

Update :: The issue is resolved ! What finally worked seems silly. I read on some Apple forum , people reporting same issues with original Mac and external displays. One solution they suggested was to continously switch on/off the external monitor when its connected. This however did not work. So out of curiosity, I unplugged the DVI connector end on monitor ( HDMI - DVI cable) and reconnected and the display came back ! Some loose DVI singal-pin connector ? Surprising, as the dual-booted Windows was before properly displaying on this external monitor.

Lesson learned: Sometimes solutions to some crazy problems are simple enough - and we generally overlook. My mistake, I should have tried this before I wasted your and my time on thinking about complex solutions.

Thanks a lot RehabMan, for your assistance and time. Respect and appreciate the help you do for this community here.

Update :: The issue is resolved ! What finally worked seems silly. I read on some Apple forum , people reporting same issues with original Mac and external displays. One solution they suggested was to continously switch on/off the external monitor when its connected. This however did not work. So out of curiosity, I unplugged the DVI connector end on monitor ( HDMI - DVI cable) and reconnected and the display came back ! Some loose DVI singal-pin connector ? Surprising, as the dual-booted Windows was before properly displaying on this external monitor.

Lesson learned: Sometimes solutions to some crazy problems are simple enough - and we generally overlook. My mistake, I should have tried this before I wasted your and my time on thinking about complex solutions.

Thanks a lot RehabMan, for your assistance and time. Respect and appreciate the help you do for this community here.

Glad you have it figured. Assumption is that you look here for software solutions and that you already verified working hardware (eg. in Windows).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back