Contribute
Register

HP Pavilion 15 N012TX Hackintosh Compatible or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an HP Pavilion with 4 GB DDR3 RAM, an Intel Core i5 CPU @ 1.6 GHz, 1 TB HDD and a 2 GB NVidia Geforce graphics card. I have tried the UniBeast method to install OS X Mavericks on it, but somehow unable to get past the boot screen (with the apple logo), where the machine restarts. Is this particular model compatible with Hackintosh?

Any help with getting the install going, and post-install tweaks will be very helpful...

Thanks in advance,
Jasper

your laptop have same specs.
but sorry bro... my guide/tutorial was deleted by admin

your laptop have same specs.
but sorry bro... my guide/tutorial was deleted by admin

I'm certain the guide could be written without using HVT.

I'm almost certain you could find an AppleHDA for this laptop (as it is probably one of the same IDT codes commonly used on HPs and especially the ProBooks).

Maybe someone wants to figure it out...

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix"

Hi RehabMan

How to fix battery status????
HP LA04 Notebook Battery

Thanks in advance

I'm almost certain you could find an AppleHDA for this laptop (as it is probably one of the same IDT codes commonly used on HPs and especially the ProBooks).

Maybe someone wants to figure it out...

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix"

Try this one in attachment which works for me. Its the same laptop specs.

Attachments

• VoodooHDA.kext.zip
    87.9 KB · Views: 142
When i open system dsdt file in maciasl... I am not able to compile it as it has lots of errors already how should i proceed ?? Will u please send me dsdt file for n012tx as u are also having same laptop....

I have the same issue, now get the *.aml dumps however cannot compile as lots of error.

I have the same issue, now get the *.aml dumps however cannot compile as lots of error.

It is completely normal to have errors.

This thread may be dead at this point, but I've read through the whole thing with no success. Using your patched kernel, I finally was able to get past the issue of my system rebooting on the first site of the apple logo. I have tried the Nvidia boot flags on top of the following: -x -v -f dart=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes. I will attach a picture of my kernel panic. Any help/suggestions as far as boot flags/suggestions would be much appreciated. Here are my specs per Amazon:

Screen Size 15.6 inches
Screen Resolution 1366 x 768
Max Screen Resolution 1366x768
Processor 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5-4200U
RAM 6 GB DDR3L SDRAM
Memory Speed 1600 MHz
Hard Drive 750 GB
Wireless Type 802.11bgn
Number of USB 2.0 Ports 1
Number of USB 3.0 Ports 2
Average Battery Life (in hours) 6.5 hours

Expand
Other Technical Details

[TR="class: item-model-number"] [TR="class: size-weight"] [TR="class: batteries"]
Brand Name HP
Series Pavilion
Item model number F5W50UA#ABA
Hardware Platform PC
Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Item Weight 5.1 pounds
Item Dimensions L x W x H 13.60 x 3.10 x 0.89 inches
Color Black, Silver
Processor Brand Intel Core I5
Processor Count 2
Computer Memory Type DDR3 SDRAM
Hard Drive Rotational Speed 5400 RPM
Optical Drive Type SuperMulti DVD burner
Audio-out Ports (#) 1
Battery Type Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion)
Batteries: 1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)

Attachments

• 10729096_10152458569742183_1938436533_n.jpg
    10729096_10152458569742183_1938436533_n.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 196
Hi Need Help. I had a perfect Hackintosh setup on HP Pavilion15 N204TX setup with external display ( Dell U2414) on HDMI working. To resolve a nasty partial shutdown problem on the dual-booted Win10 , I upgraded my BIOS from Insyde v66 to v67. Now the External Display is detected within OS X10.10.1 but no display come on it. Tried recompiling the DSDT with recommended Rehab patches but the same issue.
Can a BIOS update cause this problem ? At my wits end here..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back