Contribute
Register

HP Pavilion 15 N012TX Hackintosh Compatible or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Need Help. I had a perfect Hackintosh setup on HP Pavilion15 N204TX setup with external display ( Dell U2414) on HDMI working. To resolve a nasty partial shutdown problem on the dual-booted Win10 , I upgraded my BIOS from Insyde v66 to v67. Now the External Display is detected within OS X10.10.1 but no display come on it. Tried recompiling the DSDT with recommended Rehab patches but the same issue.
Can a BIOS update cause this problem ? At my wits end here..

Perhaps you need to update your Nvidia drivers?

Did you re-extract/re-patch ACPI files after updating BIOS?

Thanks Rehabman
Yes i did reapply ACPI patches but it did not help. The OS X is recognising this display and even thinks its displaying the extended desktop on this - however no display comes on it, the monitors goes to powersaver mode.
This laptop has Intel HD4400+NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M and Intel HD4400 was working fine.The NVIDIA drivers are not used here..right ?; so does these driver needs updates ? Here is my relevant Clover config.plist entries.

<key>Devices</key>
<dict>
<key>UseIntelHDMI</key>
<false/>

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>DualLink</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<true/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<key>ig-platform-id</key>
<string>0x0a260006</string>
</dict>

Thanks Rehabman
Yes i did reapply ACPI patches but it did not help. The OS X is recognising this display and even thinks its displaying the extended desktop on this - however no display comes on it, the monitors goes to powersaver mode.
This laptop has Intel HD4400+NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M and Intel HD4400 was working fine.The NVIDIA drivers are not used here..right ?; so does these driver needs updates ? Here is my relevant Clover config.plist entries.

<key>Devices</key>
<dict>
<key>UseIntelHDMI</key>
<false/>

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>DualLink</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<true/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<key>ig-platform-id</key>
<string>0x0a260006</string>
</dict>

I think you may have thrown me off with your profile, which tags the Nvidia card as 'dedicated'. Of course, it is not dedicated if you have a dual-GPU Intel+Nvidia (it is switched). The Nvidia chip is considered discrete, but not dedicated as it is tied to the Intel chip.

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

Also, post EFI/Clover folder.

Here are the files you requested in the attachment.
Thanks RehabMan for your assistance.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    9.2 MB · Views: 129
  • RehabMan.zip
    43.2 KB · Views: 92
  • cmdoutput.txt
    194 bytes · Views: 129
  • Thomas’s MacBook Air.ioreg
    3.8 MB · Views: 108
Here are the files you requested in the attachment.
Thanks RehabMan for your assistance.

Get rid of "Avatron" (?!)

sorry, what is "Avatron" ?

No idea, but it is 3rd party software you installed. And it has to do with displays... Look in your ioreg and you'll see.

No idea, but it is 3rd party software you installed. And it has to do with displays... Look in your ioreg and you'll see.

Ok. I uninstalled Airdisplay3 , rebooted and now Ioreg does not show those virtual display. the external monitor on HDMI is still blank. I remember when I installed Yosemite, this Dell HDMI monitor on Intel HD4400 worked OOB without any patch or anything.
Wonder what could a BIOS update influence here .

Attachments

• Thomas’s MacBook Air.ioreg
    3.7 MB · Views: 105
  • display.tiff
    60.8 KB · Views: 121
Ok. I uninstalled Airdisplay3 , rebooted and now Ioreg does not show those virtual display. the external monitor on HDMI is still blank. I remember when I installed Yosemite, this Dell HDMI monitor on Intel HD4400 worked OOB without any patch or anything.
Wonder what could a BIOS update influence here .

Roll back to previous BIOS to test.

Roll back to previous BIOS to test.

Tried it -however unfortunately rollback to Inside v66 using any method is failing on this laptop. so I guess I am stuck ..asked HP , however they have not responded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back