Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon 69xx Graphics in Lion [TEST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks BTW for the Old iboot.

so... i finally got 10.6.8 installed.
Youtube only gives me audio. for some reason.(which is weird since it was working fine in safe mode) the rest of the flash content is working fine.
so whats the progress on lion??

I've been reading this thread with great interest, but I can't figure it out.

I install 10.6.3 with a 6970, and everything works fine, except the graphics get stuck at 1024*768 ('graphics card not supported' during boot).

I subsequently patch to 10.6.8, the system boots in what looks like 1920*1200. I get the Apple logo at 1024*768 (with the spinning wheel), the screen goes blank for a moment, then the full res blue screen comes up and it hangs there (sometimes with a working mouse pointer, sometimes without, haven't figured out when it does what).

At this point I'd settle for any sort of res, so if anyone can shed some light on this I'd be most grateful !

Thanks

Pete

Anyone have any issues updating to 10.7.1?
For some reason I can't get to the desktop anymore. Grey screen issue again. I had to delete x3000GL bundle again from S/L/E but I still have the grey screen :(

So at the moment I can only get in with low res by deleting ati6000 and atix3000 kexts

anyone else have this issue?

EDIT: lol nevermind.. it has decided to work now. All I did was run multibeast and myfix a couple of times and rebooted twice. This card is so annoying!... I still have no idea what actually causes the grey screen.

Are the new mac pros coming out soon?

Lorengrin said:
Got 6970 working!

Awesome.. But you better remove that link. It's against the forums rules apparently. My post got deleted for linking the same package.

DN38416 said:
Lorengrin said:
Got 6970 working!

Awesome.. But you better remove that link. It's against the forums rules apparently. My post got deleted for linking the same package.

I do not think it is a private server, with no commercial intentions, the installer does not violate the copyright is created by apple drivers for ATI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back