Contribute
Register

Musicians on the board

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use Reason 4.0.1. It's the best recording software available. And for some reason it's a hell of a lot easier to use on a Mac than Windows. Highly suggest that for all serious recording artists / musicians out there! Garage band is alright for beginning and Abelton suite is great for Dj'ing.

Anyone think Reason or logic would run decent on a hackintosh netbook?

Logic no, Reason yes.

I actually installed and ran Reason 3 perfectly on my 12" PowerBook G4! It's really not a very resource heavy program, as mostly it's a sequencer, but obviously if using heavy effects and many tracks it would eventually bog down.

Since most netbooks are unsupported now, because of the Atom, I wouldn't recommend purchasing one now. Maybe look into an older mac or used mac- the white macbooks are really cheap when you can get refurbs, and have modern Intel processors- even the CoreDuo ones run circles around any netbook.

xinsanityx said:
I use Reason 4.0.1. It's the best recording software available. And for some reason it's a hell of a lot easier to use on a Mac than Windows. Highly suggest that for all serious recording artists / musicians out there! Garage band is alright for beginning and Abelton suite is great for Dj'ing.

Anyone think Reason or logic would run decent on a hackintosh netbook?

As great as Reason is for producing, you can't actually record with it. But, Propellerhead Software released Record not to long ago... http://www.propellerheads.se/products/record/

Hi there, I'm mostly a drummer and just do audioproduction as "side" projects, Nevertheless I do use Cubase 4/5 (fully dongled) on my Hackintosh, got it supercheap as "endorsement". Works without a flaw. Sound from onboard I/O is okay, but the front headphone connection is lousy with crumbling noises, while the back connections are almost noiseless.

qd

Quad said:
Sound from onboard I/O is okay, but the front headphone connection is lousy with crumbling noises, while the back connections are almost noiseless.
Quad,
This seems to be a problem with Antec's front panel block (in many Antec cases).
Apparently it's due to having a shared ground for all connectors & leds.
You might be able to alleviate this if you disconnect the HDD led...

Here is a video from my band, I'm the drummer.

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmeHpcp_Kmk[/VIDEO]

Audio done in Logic 8 and video edited with Final Cut.

For my rig at home, I use an M-Audio Fast Track Pro with Logic 9 for tracking, Radium 61 midi out into the Fast Track Pro, BFD for programming drums, and Garageband when necessary.

Everything works great!

beelzebozo said:
Here is a video from my band, I'm the drummer.

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmeHpcp_Kmk[/VIDEO]

Audio done in Logic 8 and video edited with Final Cut.

For my rig at home, I use an M-Audio Fast Track Pro with Logic 9 for tracking, Radium 61 midi out into the Fast Track Pro, BFD for programming drums, and Garageband when necessary.

Everything works great!

Wow. Very cool! Nice video and music. Why is garageband ever necessary? I can't stand that program.

i have a thing for vintage synths and drum machines.

logic for recording (and most everything else), reason for sequencing, vinyl for listening.

serious stuff is done on a real mac pro, but i might throw some stuff on the hack just to see how it does.

Iam a "musician" too.
I use Live 8, Max for Live and Max/Msp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back