Contribute
Register

4530s Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to check also the size of the keyboard and the size of the keys compared to 4530s

blueking said:
You don't have an HP Envy keyboard to see if the connector is the same do you?

I had a 13" Envy 1000 CTO but it's been deployed. :(

Nothing on google under the part numbers?

You know....

Maybe we're looking at this the wrong way. Maybe instead of finding a keyboard that fits in the ProBook, we just need to find a notebook that the ProBook motherboard fits into. :p :p :p :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Here is a picture of the back of it. Appears to be a different power source. So could we work with that?

And I can't tell what the actual keyboard connector looks like. It may be an actual plug instead of whatever ours is called. What is our called?

$(KGrHqN,!lUE65D1KGt8BOujyL0llg~~60_3.JPG

But they have a ton on ebay for like 20 bucks. They are different languages, but for testing backlight, someone could try: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... Categories

So I think our best bet would be taking keys from there if they work. It depends on the function of the keys on there I think.

According the picture bellow, Envy's keyboard has a separate connector for the light. But the main connector looks like ours.

envy17keyboard.png

@blueking and Nikstar I can't see either of your photo's it just says Image...

I think that's something on your end, I see both fine.

See if you can see a link to look at it?

But could we just take that connector and somehow connect it to something for power?

Does the keyboard fit though? Non of the 14" versions will fit because the tray is rounded way more than the probook's (I think).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back