Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon 69xx Graphics in Lion [TEST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
doojobs said:
I'm stuck at the grey screen with :beachball: so should I remove the ati kexts?

Yep, if you know what your doing, back them up and know how to restore, don't see why not.

GE being enabled or not makes no difference at all, so GE is a bit pointless at the moment.

doojobs said:
I'm gonna spend all day (hopefully not all day) Monday solving this.
You're gonna spend a lot longer than that, I reckon.

At the moment, mine's working at 1920x1080 by just deleting the GLBundle, but then of course, there's no QE/CI and it crashes when I try to watch anything on youtube, it seems flash is trying to use the GPU and everything dies.

Good luck with that though! I'm really hoping we get it fixed. I miss my mac, don't want to regret buying a 69xx, they're such great cards in every other regard!

How am i supposed to install Lion if i am unable to install Snow Leopard with my 6950??

does anyone else's 69xx also crash while trying to load a youtube vid? Mine works for embedded videos, but as soon as I try to watch via youtube.com, I get the ol' "You must restart your computer" nonsense.

bastarddog said:
does anyone else's 69xx also crash while trying to load a youtube vid? Mine works for embedded videos, but as soon as I try to watch via youtube.com, I get the ol' "You must restart your computer" nonsense.

Mine crashes if I do the 1920x1080 fix. If I leave it at 1024x768 I can view web pages fine however safari will lock up for 1-2minutes before finally displaying the finished page.

moment0 said:
Partial success...

Lion now boots with my 6950, all animations run smooth as butter (except for launchpad) but there is another problem. Reso is 1024x768. I wonder if changing the reso by boot will fix that issue.

EDIT: Sys info displays 3mb card as in snow leopard, so looks like support might be the same as Lion GM :beachball:

Same Here if i can guess is your card's device id 0x2719?

bastarddog said:

Mine too.. I deleted GL.bundle for making this 6970 work, but it crashes when i want to watch a video on youtube.. It also didn't let me to install final cut pro 7 due to insufficient vram memory.. :banghead:

Waiting for full support :!:

ralph9994 said:
How am i supposed to install Lion if i am unable to install Snow Leopard with my 6950??

Ha ha ha ha :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I Feel you DUDE :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back