Contribute
Register

HP Pavilion 15 N012TX Hackintosh Compatible or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you suggest me wifi card to replace so that I can get native comparability in OSX. I have searched on the web and got confused which to buy so please suggest me one, if there is some wifi+bt combo card(doesn't care BT works in OSX or not, just wifi is okay) that work please let me know as this laptop has ralink 3290 wifi+bt combo in it.How About Azurewave AW-CE123H?
My OSX hang when I plug in HDMI and I have to reboot it again(though it hang a lot of the time but is the one particular I caught why it hangs) is there a fix for it.

Can you suggest me wifi card to replace so that I can get native comparability in OSX. I have searched on the web and got confused which to buy so please suggest me one, if there is some wifi+bt combo card(doesn't care BT works in OSX or not, just wifi is okay) that work please let me know as this laptop has ralink 3290 wifi+bt combo in it.How About Azurewave AW-CE123H?
My OSX hang when I plug in HDMI and I have to reboot it again(though it hang a lot of the time but is the one particular I caught why it hangs) is there a fix for it.

WiFi: Depends on having compatible hardware. Use DPCIManager->PCI List to find out what you have. Compatible chipsets and the procedures for making them work are covered here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-07 at 7.40.26 pm.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-04-07 at 7.40.26 pm.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 249
  • Screen Shot 2014-04-07 at 7.40.43 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-07 at 7.40.43 pm.png
    100.4 KB · Views: 222
I have gone through that guide which got me to conclusion that I should purchase Azurewave aw-ce123.

Here are the Snapshots from DPCIManager
please suggest the next step

Ralink not supported, so as you surmised, you'll need to replace it.

Be aware that some laptops have a BIOS whitelist where only certain cards are allowed.

Ralink not supported, so as you surmised, you'll need to replace it.

Be aware that some laptops have a BIOS whitelist where only certain cards are allowed.

so how can I know that is there a whitelisting in my bios nor not, and please suggest me a card which has a native support for OSX so that I can just pop it in and start using.

hi.. I tried this kext but still gestures not working

On hacks we have only limited gestures. Some need to be configured. Make sure to read the entire readme.

On hacks we have only limited gestures. Some need to be configured. Make sure to read the entire readme.

Ok will see to that please suggest me a wifi card that work OOB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back