Contribute
Register

HP Pavilion 15 N012TX Hackintosh Compatible or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
so how can I know that is there a whitelisting in my bios nor not, and please suggest me a card which has a native support for OSX so that I can just pop it in and start using.

The only way to find out about whether there is a whitelist implemented in BIOS is to read that someone else has discovered that it does/does not (use google search), or to purchase one and try it.

The only way to find out about whether there is a whitelist implemented in BIOS is to read that someone else has discovered that it does/does not (use google search), or to purchase one and try it.

I went with Asus USB Wifi working great for me. I have patched my dsdt and ssdt to get proper sleep, wake, shutdown.
Current Issues:
1 Brightness slider is shown in the system preferences but the brightness never changes it always remains at maximum.
2. System FREEZES when HDMI is plugged in.
3. No sound after wake from sleep.(considering to use your EADP codec commander)
4. Battery status still zero however it after making the EC0 fields to 8 bit it detect power source correctly and shows almost right time remaining, but battery 0% always so will be patching my dsdt again for it I guess made mistake in patching SMD0 256 bit filed

OperationRegion (ERAM, EmbeddedControl, Zero, 0xFF)
Field (ERAM, ByteAcc, Lock, Preserve)
{
SMPR, 8,
SMST, 8,
SMAD, 8,
SMCM, 8,
SMDX, 256,
BCNT, 8,
SMAA, 8,
Offset (0x40),
SW2S, 1,
, 2,
ACCC, 1,
TRPM, 1,
this is a part of my EC0 region in RECB passed 0x04 as the address have I done it right? if not please guide what will be the correct address

I went with Asus USB Wifi working great for me. I have patched my dsdt and ssdt to get proper sleep, wake, shutdown.
Current Issues:
1 Brightness slider is shown in the system preferences but the brightness never changes it always remains at maximum.

Haswell Brightness Fix:
DSDT Patches from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

Apply:
"Rename GFX0 to IGPU"
"Brightness Fix (Haswell)"
- rename patch must be done first and to all DSDT/SSDT that contain references to GFX0 that you're including in your final SSDT set
- Brightness patch must be done to the DSDT or SSDT that contains the definition for Device GFX0 (search for 'Device (GFX0)'
- Place DSDT and SSDT (if necessary) into a place where the bootloader will load them. For Clover, EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched (DSDT.aml, SSDT-x.aml where 'x' is a number). For Chameleon, /Extra/ssdt.aml, /Exra/ssdt-1.aml, /Extra/ssdt-2.aml, etc.

Install: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight

2. System FREEZES when HDMI is plugged in.

Which ig-platform-id are you using? HDMI may require framebuffer edits, although I say it works flawlessly on my HD4400-based Lenovo U430 using vanilla kexts...

3. No sound after wake from sleep.(considering to use your EADP codec commander)

Check your codec dump to see if the nodes have an EAPD amp. If they do, you need CodecCommander.kext (customized for your codec nodes).

4. Battery status still zero however it after making the EC0 fields to 8 bit it detect power source correctly and shows almost right time remaining, but battery 0% always so will be patching my dsdt again for it I guess made mistake in patching SMD0 256 bit filed

OperationRegion (ERAM, EmbeddedControl, Zero, 0xFF)
Field (ERAM, ByteAcc, Lock, Preserve)
{
SMPR, 8,
SMST, 8,
SMAD, 8,
SMCM, 8,
SMDX, 256,
BCNT, 8,
SMAA, 8,
Offset (0x40),
SW2S, 1,
, 2,
ACCC, 1,
TRPM, 1,
this is a part of my EC0 region in RECB passed 0x04 as the address have I done it right? if not please guide what will be the correct address

I would need to see your unpatched DSDT and the patches you used, or patched DSDT. Given the snippet above, SMDX is, in fact, at offset 4. You must make sure you place RECB in the correct place. And, of course, any writes to SMD0 must be handled via WECB. There could be additional multi-byte EC fields in the DSDT as well that you have not shown above.

Haswell Brightness Fix:
DSDT Patches from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

Apply:
"Rename GFX0 to IGPU"
"Brightness Fix (Haswell)"
- rename patch must be done first and to all DSDT/SSDT that contain references to GFX0 that you're including in your final SSDT set
- Brightness patch must be done to the DSDT or SSDT that contains the definition for Device GFX0 (search for 'Device (GFX0)'
- Place DSDT and SSDT (if necessary) into a place where the bootloader will load them. For Clover, EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched (DSDT.aml, SSDT-x.aml where 'x' is a number). For Chameleon, /Extra/ssdt.aml, /Exra/ssdt-1.aml, /Extra/ssdt-2.aml, etc.

Install: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight

Which ig-platform-id are you using? HDMI may require framebuffer edits, although I say it works flawlessly on my HD4400-based Lenovo U430 using vanilla kexts...

Check your codec dump to see if the nodes have an EAPD amp. If they do, you need CodecCommander.kext (customized for your codec nodes).

I would need to see your unpatched DSDT and the patches you used, or patched DSDT. Given the snippet above, SMDX is, in fact, at offset 4. You must make sure you place RECB in the correct place. And, of course, any writes to SMD0 must be handled via WECB. There could be additional multi-byte EC fields in the DSDT as well that you have not shown above.

2 I am using 0x0a260006 as kg-platform-id and it freezes
3 can you suggest me some tool to get codec dump on mac for alc282
4 here I am attaching the patched DSDT.aml and SSDTs and unpatched dsdt.dsl

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    65.5 KB · Views: 191
  • SSDTs.zip
    16.2 KB · Views: 99
  • DSDT.dsl.zip
    59.8 KB · Views: 104
2 I am using 0x0a260006 as kg-platform-id and it freezes

You could try 0xa260005. But you may need to patch the connector tables in the framebuffer.

3 can you suggest me some tool to get codec dump on mac for alc282

Use Linux. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide' for instructions on getting a codec dump.

4 here I am attaching the patched DSDT.aml and SSDTs and unpatched dsdt.dsl

Your use of RECB is incorrect. It cannot be used as the target of a Store (eg. on second parameter). That is a write, not a read.

I think existing patch "HP DV6-3165sf" may be a good match for your DSDT. Let me know and I'll add your model to the comments.

Your use of RECB is incorrect. It cannot be used as the target of a Store (eg. on second parameter). That is a write, not a read.

I think existing patch "HP DV6-3165sf" may be a good match for your DSDT. Let me know and I'll add your model to the comments.
ok so I should WECB? right!!!
I will try "HP DV6-3165sf" and let you know, can you tell me syntax for WECB so that I can try it.

I will try "HP DV6-3165sf" and let you know, can you tell me syntax for WECB so that I can try it.

Look at some of the other patches in the repo to see WECB usage.

Store (Arg3, WECB(0x04,256,1))
used above syntax now getting the following error
4255, 6080, Called method returns no value

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back